* I thought it time to post another baking news segment as I haven’t done one for a while now. It’s Easter weekend which mean’s a nice long bank holiday here in the UK. We have my parents here with us for two days which has been done. We’ve done some sightseeing and If you follow me on Instagram you’ll of seen that I had a delicious Soya chai latte. This one was the best I’ve ever tasted, it wasn’t a powder mix that contained added sugar and milk powder that most coffee shops use, this one was simply a blend of spices soaked in the milk with added espresso. It had a lovely added heat and it came with a side dish of honey if you wanted to add a little sweetness to it. Delicious!
* Our plum tree has started producing lots of baby plums. It’s got hundreds on it which means we are going to have more a bumper crop come August. I’m calling on you for help. I’m going to start collecting recipes now so when they start to ripen I can get going which putting them to good use. So what I’m asking you for is to share all your yummy plum recipes, whether it be for cakes, muffins, jams, ice cream, chutneys ect.
* You all know my love for rhubarb just take a look at these scrumptious recipes
* I love it so much in fact that I’m going to be dedicating May to this pink blanched vegetable. Get ready for 4 or 5 scrumptious new recipes which will be featured on the blog all throughout May. I’ll be showcasing new recipes plus one old rhubarb recipe that I’ll be slightly changing and re-photographing. If you love rhubarb or have never tried it before then be sure to subscribe so won’t miss a single thing. I’m baking my first recipe for this collection this weekend, I’m very excited about it’s going to be utterly yummy and perfect for afternoon tea.
* Be sure to stop back tomorrow for Sweet and Savoury Sunday, I’d love so much for you all to link your recipes, crafts and DIY projects. Tell your friends to link up to, the more the merrier I say! I also have a new recipe for you. It’s April’s reveal for the Cake slice bakers and this one is not to be missed, it’s a heavenly.
Whatever you’re doing to celebrate Easter this weekend I hope you have safe and joyful celebration. Happy Easter everyone!!