* I think Spring has arrived a little early here in our part of UK, we’ve had some beautiful days filled with warm sunshine we even saw a butterfly in our garden yesterday, you’d think we were headed for Summer and not Spring! I’m loving the warm air so I hope it stay’s around. The day’s are getting longer too, I love the extra hours of light.
* At our farmers market we spied some beautiful tulips that we couldn’t resist buying. We’d just bought a new vase and were on the hunt for some seasonal flowers to fill it and these glorious flowers were perfect. I can’t stop taking photo’s of them. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll of seen them already. We bought three bunches, a light pink bunch, a peachy yellow bunch and a pinky orange bunch. All the stunning shades blend perfectly together.
* It’s a special someone’s birthday at the end of the month and his birthday treat of choice is a cheesecake. I’ve never made cheesecake before. I tried a sticky toffee baked cheesecake the other week and it was a disaster. It tasted horrible and it wouldn’t budge out of it’s tin, then when it did finally break free it collapsed in my hands! We could only stand there and laugh. So cheesecake two was the total opposite. Pure cheesecake heaven!! It tasted amazing! Totally amazing! My partner told me to put it in the freezer and oh my, frozen cheesecake is a must, it’s like ice cream but cheesecake ice cream. I need to make a cheesecake themed ice cream I think. We had to throw it away to avoid eating the whole thing in one go, it’s that good! Best cheesecake ever. I’ll share the recipe with you guy’s when I make it next. It’s need multiple re-makes just to soothe my new found cheesecake addiction!
* I’ve finally started my Easter baking with two themed treats being made this past weekend. Both were a big success, I really can’t wait to share them with you.
* Has anyone else been baking Spring inspired treats yet?
* Sweet and Savoury Sunday Link Party #51 reached over 100 link ups! How great is that?! I hope you all link your projects, I love reading your posts and seeing what you’ve all been up to. So what are you waiting for, link up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday Link Party #52 now!!
* I hope everyone has a great start to there week
Here are two minty themed treats that I can’t wait to try when the warmer weather makes an appearance.
– Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Wallflower Girl – My favourite ice cream flavour just got healthier, love it!
– Mint Limeade from One Sweet Appetite – This year will be the year that I make homemade lemonade and I’m going to start with this one!